New 2013 CPT Codes for Thyroid Nuclear Medicine
Starting January 1, 2013, 7 CPT codes for Thyroid Nuclear Medicine imaging were deleted and replaced with 3 new CPT codes while 2 new CPT codes for Parathyroid Nuclear Medicine imaging were also added. These changes have been made in preparation for revaluation by the Relative (Value Unit) Update Committee (RUC)’s process.
Deleted, effective January 1, 2013
• 78000 Thyroid uptake; single determination
• 78001 ……….multiple determinations
• 78003 ……….stimulation, suppression or discharge (not including initial uptake studies)
• 78006 Thyroid imaging, with uptake; single determination
• 78007 ……….multiple determinations
• 78010 Thyroid imaging; only
• 78011 ……….with vascular flow
New, effective January 1, 2013 - Thyroid
• 78012 Thyroid uptake, single or multiple quantitative measurement(s) (including stimulation, suppression, or discharge, when performed)
• 78013 Thyroid imaging (including vascular flow, when performed)
• 78014 ……….with single or multiple uptake(s) quantitative measurements(s) (including stimulation, suppression, or discharge, when performed)
New, effective January 1, 2013 - Parathyroid
• 78071 Parathyroid planar imaging (including subtraction, when performed); with tomographic (SPECT)
• 78072 Parathyroid planar imaging (including subtraction, when performed); with tomographic (SPECT), and concurrently acquired computed tomography (CT) for anatomical localization
"The speed of APS’ technology coupled with the expertise of their staff resulted in accurate billing and complete claim resolution improving overall billing performance .
APS’ capabilities and exceptional billing solutions have allowed us to improve billing and collections and we are able to focus on serving our patients."
View More Testimonials