New 2013 CPT Codes for Thyroid Nuclear Medicine
Starting January 1, 2013, 7 CPT codes for Thyroid Nuclear Medicine imaging were deleted and replaced with 3 new CPT codes while 2 new CPT codes for Parathyroid Nuclear Medicine imaging were also added. These changes have been made in preparation for revaluation by the Relative (Value Unit) Update Committee (RUC)’s process.
Deleted, effective January 1, 2013
• 78000 Thyroid uptake; single determination
• 78001 ……….multiple determinations
• 78003 ……….stimulation, suppression or discharge (not including initial uptake studies)
• 78006 Thyroid imaging, with uptake; single determination
• 78007 ……….multiple determinations
• 78010 Thyroid imaging; only
• 78011 ……….with vascular flow
New, effective January 1, 2013 - Thyroid
• 78012 Thyroid uptake, single or multiple quantitative measurement(s) (including stimulation, suppression, or discharge, when performed)
• 78013 Thyroid imaging (including vascular flow, when performed)
• 78014 ……….with single or multiple uptake(s) quantitative measurements(s) (including stimulation, suppression, or discharge, when performed)
New, effective January 1, 2013 - Parathyroid
• 78071 Parathyroid planar imaging (including subtraction, when performed); with tomographic (SPECT)
• 78072 Parathyroid planar imaging (including subtraction, when performed); with tomographic (SPECT), and concurrently acquired computed tomography (CT) for anatomical localization
As President of our five person pathology group, I have been asked to endorse the Pathology billing services of APS Medical Billing, which I agreed to enthusiastically. Since our seamless transition to APS one year ago, we have significantly increased our monthly collections, decreased the delay in processing claims, and less time is spent in accounts receivable. We now have a team of knowledgeable personnel dedicated to our account and our personal account manager is an attentive, effective, responsible individual who will always follow-up and solves problems as they occur. The end result is better communication and enhanced revenue compared to previous. In addition, there is complete transparency to the process, attentiveness to detail, and on-going education is provided including up-dates in evolving pathology legislation.
In sum, we recommend APS Pathology Billing Services without hesitation or qualification.
Rancho Mirage, CA
View More Testimonials